Skip to main content

JAFRA GENTLE EXFOLIATING SCRUB - another unsung hero

Hey Everybody!

Today I am going to review one of my all time favorite scrubs. So, read on for full analysis.

I have already introduced Jafra in the previous post where I reviewed JAFRA's MUD MASK. You can read the review HERE.

Now about the scrub,
What the company says: A smooth cream with tiny microspheres that glide onto the surface of your skin to gently slough away dull, dry skin and cleanse clogged pores for a healthy, glowing, polished appearance.


Price:  (491 INR then 590 INR when it was in India),  $19 (current price on their website)
Qty: 75ml
Shelf life: 3 years
Ingredients:
How to use: After cleansing, gently smooth on face, avoiding eye area and mouth area. Massage gently in circular motion. Rinse face with lukewarm water. Use once or twice a week, as needed.
Clinically, Allergy, Irritancy and Dermatologist Tested.

My experience

I have been using it for 4 years now. Jafra has left India but thankfully, I have one extra scrub in my stock which is unfortunately going to expire this year. I am going to miss this scrub.

The first thing that I notice when I use this scrub is its gentle particles. The scrub is really gentle on skin and yet very effective to remove tan, blackheads and dead skin. I use it sometimes directly without face wash and sometimes after face wash. In any way, it never disappoints me. The texture is creamy which ensures that the skin doesn't dry after exfoliation. I massage my skin for 2 min in circular motion and then wash my face with normal water. After washing, the first thing that I'm always pleased to note is the instant glow and softness that this scrub leaves my skin with.
I am really very happy with this scrub.

and even more happy, after I checked the much hyped St. Ives scrub, (review coming soon). I felt that Jafra's is much better than St. Ives'.

Overall, I would say that it stands true to its name. Muuuaaaah!!!

Brief thoughts:
This scrub will suit all skin types including mature and dry skin. I have acne prone oily combination skin, and my skin loves this scrub.

Pros:
1) The scrub is very gentle on skin and really polishes the skin well.
2) imparts a soft glow    (this is the biggest plus point)
3) has the goodness of Jojoba oil and Rosemary
4) makes the skin smooth and soft
5) removes blackheads
6) Doesn't dehydrate the skin post exfoliation (a big plus for this)
7) No animal testing
8) one tube lasts for about 8 months if used twice a week.

Cons:
1) According to its international price, it will cost more than 1000 rupees to an Indian which is gross!
2) It is no longer available in India and importing is irrational considering the price hike.

So, Will I recommend it?
If I consider its effect, definitely yes. But at this price-no. So if you get any discount, grab on to it and try it once.

Will I buy it again?
At this price? We have a lot of options in India which I am going to explore. Nevertheless, I'm really going to miss it as it was a wonderful scrub...

I have recently fallen in love with Juicy chemistry's products. So coming up next: review on

2.Juicy Chemistry Rice Flour, Orange & Green Tea Face Scrub (Revitalising Face Scrub)

Which is your favorite scrub? Do write it in comment section below.

Always happy to hear from you,
With lots of love,
Neha


Comments