Skip to main content

JAFRA SPA MUD MASK - the unsung hero in India



Hey everyone,

Today I have decided to review Jafra's two unsung heroes in India.

For all those who are unaware of this brand, Jafra is an American company with its headquarter in California and has presence in around 11 countries across the globe. The company sells high end products through direct selling network (just like Amway and Avon).

Jafra has removed its base from India but I really miss some of their products. So I thought of reviewing them here to pay a tribute to this wonderful brand.

JAFRA MUD MASK

What company says: Dead Sea mineral mud, clays, Vitamin E and antioxidants help deep clean, unclog pores, remove excess oils, impurities and dead skin cells. Use on the face and the body for the full at-home spa treatment.

NET VOL: 250 g
MRP: 1401 INR
Shelf life: 3 years
Ingredients:
How to use: Apply to clean skin (face, neck and/or body) avoiding eye area. Leave on for 15-20 minutes. Rinse thoroughly.



My Experience:
This is one of the masks that never lets me down. It has an amazing fragrance too. I apply this pack after using face wash and toner. I spread an even layer of this mask on face and neck and let it work for 20 minutes. Since the product is thick, I mix it with some rose water in summer season (when my skin is oily) and with milk in winter season (when my skin is dry).This mask works really well on my skin. It instantly soothes my skin in summer and helps to remove tan.

Also, I look no further than this mask whenever I am bothered by pimples. After just one application, I can see that it has dried the pimple and reduced its size by 50%. Then I apply Vicco turmeric cream on my cleansed face and in 2 days the pimple disappears without leaving any mark behind.

I am not a fan of fuller's earth mask (Multani mitti) so I really rely on this mud pack for detoxifying my skin. and I am absolutely in love with it.


What the products does:
1) cleanses the skin impurities
2) calms the skin
3) removes tan
4) helps in getting rid of pimples, if any
5) helps to maintain the skin's texture
6) reduces the pore size to an extent
7) pulls the excess sebum out

Cons:
there is definitely no cons for this amazing product.
The price may be for some. but even after using it every week, the product has lasted me one year. So I think the cost is not an issue as a little goes a long way.

Overall thoughts:
It definitely does what it claims!

Will I buy it again?
Yes. I won't import it, though and since it is available only through consultants, it will be very cumbersome. but if JAFRA comes back to India, I will always buy this mask.

Will I recommend it?
Of course yes!
However, note that mud masks are dry masks. So for oily, combination and normal skin they are perfect as it is, but for dry skin, you have to add milk or something nourishing that suits your skin to avoid dryness and dullness.

Coming next:
JAFRA Gentle Exfoliating Scrub


Comments