Skip to main content

JUICY CHEMISTRY Argan and Rose Serum (Moisturiser with natural SPF)

Hey guys,

Today I am sharing my experience with this facial oil moisturiser from Juicy Chemistry.

First, about the brand and company- Juicy Chemistry is an Indian brand, which now has its customer base in all over the world.  The company's goal is to provide effective skin care products formulated with the purest and the most nutrient rich ingredients the nature has to offer.

What the company claims:
JC serums are concentrated oils that work their magic by penetrating deep into the skin. Packed with anti-oxidants, vitamins, and omega-3 & 6 fatty acids our serums work by repairing and rejuvenating the skin to give it a healthy boost. The intensive blend of nutrient rich essential oils helps target skin concerns to achieve a radiant flawless skin.

Handmade, 100% veg, freshly made, no animal testing, 100% natural, no harmful chemicals, no fragrance oils.USDA certified oils

(I am in absolute awe of the naturalness of these products!)

So here goes the review!

About the serumOur luxurious day serum is made with oils containing natural SPF. Red Raspberry Seed oil and Carrot Seed oil work as natural umbrellas to protect our skin from both UVA and UVB rays. We combine this with the goodness of saffron & rose essential oil. All of these work together to protect, moisturise and prevent sun damage.

Net wt. 10 ml.
MRP: 400 INR
Shelf life: They've mentioned 'mfg date' Feb2017 but I could not find 'use by' date/month.

Usage: Take a little amount on your plams and apply to your face and body. Let it absorb. Apply 15 minutes before stepping out in the sun.

Ingredients:
Click on the image to enlarge
MY EXPERIENCE:

I bought this serum from Nykaa just randomly to try out this brand's products. As I am a die hard fan of facial oils, I was very excited to use this oil. Firstly, because of its impressive natural ingredients. Secondly, it is a serum. Thirdly, it contains SPF! that means my day care skin regimen was going to become simple. 

The serum is almost transparent in color and the consistency is smooth and somewhat similar to coconut oil's consistency. I use this product everyday after cleansing and toning my face. I take 3-4 drops of it on my palm, rub it on my palm and then tap it on my face. Sometimes, I just take 3-4 drops and dot it all over the face and then massage it into the skin. I often forget to wait for 15 minutes though, as I am in rush to go to office. 

About its effects, I have combination skin and I looooove its feel on my skin. It has made my skin softer and imparts a plump effect to my skin. The soft glow is a bonus. The fragrance is just so goood! (sorry for using informal language). The best part is, despite being an oil, it has never caused any breakouts to me. I avoid applying it in my oily area though, and just leave a touch of it there. 

I've realised that  I can't use this oil in summer because it gives warmth to skin and breaks me into sweat more often than usual. But for winter, it is a great choice for me as my skin goes dry and I hate using thick creams. These days, in moderate weather, when the temperature is around 30 degree, I sometimes use loose powder on the top of this serum to get a matte effect. For a side note, one 10 ml bottle will last for about 3 months.

Overall thoughts:
JC Argan and Rose serum is a good serum that makes the skin soft and smooth, it will suit normal, dry and very dry skin but very oily skin beauties have to stay away from it. Also, the product is suitable for moderate and winter season and not for hot and humid especially in the case of combination and normal skin types.

PROS:
1) It is 100% natural.
2) It keeps the skin very well moisturized 
3) makes my skin smooth and soft to touch.
4) It has natural SPF. 
5) It comes with a dropper so it is very convenient to draw the right amount.
6) The fragrance is heavenly and relaxing.
7) Imparts slight radiance to skin.
8) Cruelty free, preservative free and parabens free
9) Freshly made.

CONS:
1) Some may find it a little expensive. 
2) Some, especially oily skin beauties will find this oil heavy on skin.

Will I buy it again?
Sure! It is a lovely daytime serum and my skin loves it.

Will I recommend it?
Definitely! I would, in fact, advise you to check their website and choose according to your skin type and concern.

Have you used any products of this company? Do share your reviews with us in the comment section below.

With lots of love,
Neha

You may also like to check

Juicy Chemistry Ylang Ylang & lavender Daily Cleanser Review

Comments