Skip to main content

The Face Shop BB Power Perfection (Miracle finish) Review and Swatch

Hi Everyone!!!

I have been using this BB power Perfection cushion from The Face shop for a week now. And after trying it in many ways and receiving tons of compliments, I think I am ready to review this amazing product.

First, since this is my first post on the brand The Face shop, Let me introduce this brand to those who are new to it.

About the company: The Face Shop is a 14 year old South Korean company which makes a wide range of products including bath, body, skin care and make up. The Face shop is now an international brand providing its global standard products across the world.

About the BB power perfection Cushion:
Cushion foundation with high coverage and adhesiveness, this intense cover cushion by Faceshop provides full coverage formula with an ultra-natural finish. It reduces wrinkles, brightens, and protects you against the harsh UV rays. This formula was designed to sit close to skin, giving it a smooth and natural finish without making the makeup look heavy. It contains micro-molecule hyaluronic acid that immediately boosts skin's moisture content, giving skin a supple, bouncy texture!
The rich essence of this formula contains the goodness of SPF 50 PA+++. This product is dermatologically tested. Created to give you a gorgeous Korean beauty experience.

Net Wt. 15g
MRP: 1690 INR
Shelf life: 3 Years
Ingredients:
                    
                         


MY EXPERIENCE:

Where should I start? Deeply inspired by Korean beauties' skin care regimen, I have always wanted to try Korean beauty products. My wish came true through Nykaa. I wanted to try a cushion especially with that handle puff (I'm a die hard K-drama lover and I have seen the K-drama actresses use this puff on their faces and I really wanted to experience that feeling and style, :wink). I ordered it after a lot of thinking, because they have 7 types of cushions (actually 6) varying from matte to dewy finish for different skin concerns. They had an offer going on, so I got a cleanser free with this cushion!

I was very jumpy the day I received it. I felt as if I had gifted myself a luxury product (because of its lovely case! It was a delight for my eyes.) My skin color falls under MAC NC 35-40, and I chose this cushion in the shade V 205. I have combination skinMy T-zone is a bit oily and the remaining area of my face is normal to dry but acne prone. I use this cushion after my basic skin care-cleansing, toning and moisturising. I follow the instructions given on the cover. I slightly press the puff on the cushion and then softly dab it on the uneven areas where I want some coverage, then I press it gently on my overall face, blending it, to make my face look even.


The shade is definitely lighter than my own skin tone and is a little whitish on my skin (I have yellow, olive undertones). On first day, I took more than required amount of the product for my skin and looked a little ashy, but after half an hour or so, my face looked just fine. On the second day, I applied it after skipping moisturiser and I felt that my skin needed some more moisture. On the third day, I applied it after moisturiser and took appropriate quantity, and Voilla!!! My skin appeared one tone lighter, more radiant and softer.That day, I received a lot of compliments!

Funny thing was everybody kept looking at my face saying that I looked very pretty, but they couldn't just notice what was different:wink. I shied away. The next day, I got compliments from my those friends who are very critical of my applying any make up on my healthy skin. They said I looked fair and was glowing!

That's it! Since then it has become my holy grail product. I use it everyday. Even if the shade is lighter, it adjusts well and becomes one with my skin. Even if you rub your skin or sweat, it won't come out. The coverage is sheer to medium. (I don't dare build it up because of the fear of looking ghostly). It doesn't break me out. It evens out my skin and gives my skin a soft, supple, fair and dewy finish. It also reduces the appearance of pores around my nose area.

However, I am a bit disappointed by its staying power. On my face, it stays put for 4 hours, after which it fades and skin starts looking a little oily. This is when I need to give a touch up with a compact to make my skin appear matte.

Here are the swatches:

           Before Blending                                                                                                       After Blending

If you look closely, you will be able to see that the blended area looks fairer and brighter than the remaining area.

Here is how it looked on my face. I have tried to take as natural pic as possible.

Overall Thoughts:
This cushion provides a light coverage and makes the skin appear healthy, glowing, fair and plump.
So if you don't want much coverage and are happy with a bright, smooth and glowing complexion, buy it!

PROS:
1) Contains SPF 50, so no need for an extra sun screen.
2) Makes my skin glow!
3) Skin looks fair and bright.
4) Doesn't cake or crease. (After all, it is not a foundation!)
5) More than half of the ingredients are natural which is a big plus for me.
6) The case is very elegant. I would love to carry it and flaunt it!
7)  Travel friendly.
8) It gives dewy finish but doesn't make my skin oily. (However, my nose area remains a bit shiny so      I dust some pressed powder there and I'm all set)
9) Evens out my skin. (However, darker areas such as under eye area definitely need a concealer).
10) Doesn't let my skin get tanned or darken at any time in a day.
11) Comes in handy when you need touch up at any time in the day or night!
12) Super light weight on skin. In fact, I don't feel like I'm wearing anything on my skin!

CONS:
1) Even though they have 5 shades, for Indian skin, there are really only three shades: V203 for very fair skin, V205 for fair to medium skin and V207 for medium skin. Besides, for darker skin beauties I think V207 will be a light shade. I hope that The Face Shop releases more shades keeping Indian skin tones in mind if it really wants to capture Indian market.
2) It is expensive. Though, the cushion cover is more convenient in use than fingers or brushes, the quantity is less in a cushion than in a BB tube.
3) The Face shop has not released refill option in India yet, and paying for the case again is not reasonable. So, I hope that it releases the refills of the packs soon. Another unfair thing is, on its Malaysian and other sites, the company offers a refill free with these cushion covers!!

4)Oily skin beauties may not like it because it gives a very dewy finish.

So, Will I recommend it?
A definite yes! It is such a beautiful product to have in your vanity kit!

Will I buy it?
It's my holy grail.Will definitely buy it again.

A tip:
Use it 15 minutes prior to going out, as it takes a little time to adjust to your skin tone.


It was the longest of my reviews so far. Sheew!! I hope it was worth the effort. If you have any question or you want to share your experience regarding any cushion cover you used or are using, do write to us in the comment section below!

With Lots of love,
Neha


UPDATE: finished my first The Face shop cushion. Totally smitten by it. It continues to get me compliments! It has won a permanent place in my vanity kit. I found it great for winter and moderate climate-lasts on me all day, whereas in summer I do need a touch up when my skin starts turning oily. I could get about 30 applications from this cushion before it breathed its last. So its like spending 60 bucks on each application which is fine but still expensive when compared to bottled foundation. But for the sake of its convenient, travel-friendly packaging, I would never part with this cushion ever!

For quick updates follow me on instagram ID: nneha89

Comments

Anonymous said…
Thanks for the review. Bought it, loved it! It's my go to product.