Skip to main content

Ruby's Concealer Balm NEUTRAL

Welcome to my blog guys:)

So if you have been following me on Instagram (nneha89), you probably know how much I love this concealer. But just in case, let me tell you my opinion on this as objectively as possible.

So Ruby's is an Indian organic makeup brand that is slowly expanding. I was very curious to try their products and bought this concealer (after shade consultation with the Ruby's team), Tan Blush, and Nuddy Lipstick crayon. When I told them that I am a blogger, they were very kind to give their Orange lip balm as freebie. 




So let's get started.



Price: 1100 INR (Oh my!)
Shelf life: 18 months (for an organic product, this shelf life is very good)
Qty: 7 gms
Claims: 100% natural, organic, cruelty free, parabens free.

Texture: Creamy
Smell: um...hard to describe. Something like a mix of clay and oil? But then it has kaolin clay and jojoba oil. Personally, I didn't like the smell. 

Note: In summer, I noticed that the creamy formula kind of melts and in winter, the formula is more tight and solid.

Ingredients: Talc, kaolin, zinc stearate, lanolin, simmondsia chinesis (jojoba oil), beeswax, butyrosperum, parkii (shea butter), theobroma cacao (cocoa butter), tocopherol, glycerine, bht, isopropyl myristate, pongamia pinnata seed extract. May contain mica, titanium dioxide ci 77891, iron oxide ci 77492, ci 77491, ci 77499

My experience:

Since our eye area is delicate and sensitive, I always wanted something natural. I have dark circles which make me look dull and sleepless. However, I cringe and get disgusted at the idea of putting heavy concealers or synthetic products just to hide my dark circles everyday. So I decided to give this a shot and have come to like it quite a lot. It is like a beauty balm or bb cream formulated for eye area.

Look at the difference here:

  • The coverage is medium and feels very light-weight on skin. 
  • I apply it with my ring finger and tap it gently on the under eye area. I start with small quantity and then build it up for more coverage. I have tried taking more quantity at once but then it just sits on the top, creases and takes eons for absorbing into my skin. 
  • I am MAC NC35, medium fair with yellow undertones. And this shade natural has right amount of yellow in it and instantly brightens up my eye area. I never set it with any powder because like I said, I avoid using chemicals/cosmetics on daily basis:) specially under eye area.
  • Unfortunately, this concealer doesn't have a good staying power. It doesn't survive for more than 2-3 hours.

Pros:
1. It's organic and harmless. However, the brand does suggest a patch test.
2. Shades are specially for Indian skin tones so everyone will find the right concealer shade.
3. Easily available on Ruby's website, and on Nykaa
4. Never dries the eye area and keeps it well hydrated.
5. Never causes irritation 
6. Very light weight and hydrating.
7. One pot will last for about 5-6 months even if used everyday.


Cons:
1. Price. 
2. May crease or sit on the top of the skin if not applied well. 
3. Doesn't stay for long.
4. Comes in a pot so unhygienic. (Make sure you use a clean finger everytime)
5. After a few months, it starts drying and then it is even harder to apply it.

Overall thoughts:
I think it's a good investment for someone who wants to switch to organic makeup and doesn't mind reapplying it.

If you have any questions or queries, mail me or comment under this post.

Be Yourself and Be happy,
With lots of love,
Neha



For quick updates, reviews, and makeup deets, follow me on instagram:)

Comments