Skip to main content

Innisfree Green Tea Seed Serum

Hola everybody,

It took me so much time to understand this serum and finally, I'm ready to review it.

Product claims: This nourishing moisture serum is formulated with freshly squeezed jeju green tea and green tea seeds to create a dewy and clear skin from deep within.
MRP: 1950 INR
Qty: 80 ML
Shelf life: 3 years
Shelf life after opening the product: 12 Months
(I think all makeup and skin care products come with these 2 shelf lives; second one is mentioned on the product itself. Check for an image on the bottom that shows a circular container with lid open, there the number of months is given, for example, 12M which means 12 months' life after opening the product)

Color and texture: Almost transparent, lotion like
Consistency: thin and runny
Packaging: Comes with a pump dispenser and the pump is very effective in withdrawing the right amount.

My experience:
INGREDIENTS,
Click on the image to enlarge
I didn't use it for quite a long time after buying it. When I first used it in summer, I found it sticky and noticed small red pimples on my skin. So I stopped using it. Then after 2-3 months, I again started using it. I keep it in the fridge and apply it mostly after the face wash or after the rose water spray on my skin. In summer, I took very small quantity almost equal to 1 grain of black chikpeas and now in winter, I have doubled the quantity. I realized that the product efficacy depends on using the right amount of the product. Now my skin loves it.

(For reference, I have oily combination, acne prone skin which turns normal to dry in the winter season)

It is a very light weight moisturiser that would suit all skin types. It is very gentle and absorbs in the skin quickly. It keeps my skin soft and hydrated and is quite reliable. Although it is hard to prove, but I think it is also helping my skin to control the size of the open pores. Overall, this is a decent lightweight serum cum moisturizer.

Pros:
1) Majority of the ingredients are natural and clean
2) Lightweight
3) Absorbs quickly and is mild on skin
4) Skin feels soft and supple
5) Non-sticky if kept in fridge
6) Smells good

Cons:
1. It comes at a price but lasts for about 6-8 months if used daily.
2.Need to be careful with the quantity. Too less may make skin feel stretchy and too much can make skin feel sticky

Overall Verdict:
It is decent serum that keeps the skin hydrated. So if you are just looking for hydration and nothing has worked well for you, you may give it a try.

Will I buy it again?
I don't think so. There are plenty of other multi tasking serums. I have ordinary buffet serum to try and then Estee lauder, keihl's, Leejiham and klairs ...There are so many other products that I would rather spend on than this one.

What's your favorite serum?
P.S if you like my reviews, do comment on the post and follow me on instagram.
Your love motivates us to keep up the good work.







Comments